1) Mother : The little frog was talking to the girl.
Son : ............ Can a frog speak, mummy?
Mother : This is only a story, dear.
A) What a pity!
B) How horrible!
C) Good heavens!
D) That’s easy!
2) Ali : Can you set the table for dinner, please?
Tim : Yes, of course.
Ali : ............ You’re very kind.
A) I can do it.
B) I’m really sorry.
C) Yes, you’re right.
D) Thank you very much.
3) Mehmet : In my opinion, a good language learner should be adventurous.
Jill : ............ A good learner shouldn’t take risks.
A) I don’t think so.
B) You are right.
C) I agree with you.
D) You don’t like it.
4) Ayşe : I think Alp isn’t a reliable boy.
Sam: ............ He always keeps his promise.
A) That really sounds great!
B) Are you sure about that?
C) I wish you good luck!
D) Is it worth trying?
5) Bob: You look a bit worried. What’s the problem?
Sue: I have a Maths exam tomorrow bu I’m not ready for it. ............
Bob: Sure, dear. Let’s study together!
A) Can I answer you?
B) Can you help me?
C) Are you bored with it?
D) Are you happy about it?
6) Cemre: Turn off your mobile phone and do the washing, please.
John: ............ because I’m chatting with my friends on the Internet.
A) I would love to
B) I understand it
C) I’m sorry but I can’t
D) I can’t believe my eyes
7) Father : I would like to talk about yourfuture plans.
Özge : ............ I don’t understand you.
Father : What would you like to do in thefuture?
Özge : I would like to study Russian.
A) What do you wish for?
B) What do you mean?
C) May I speak to you?
D) Can I try it again?
8) Lisa : ............
Mine : Yes, I have and I liked it a lot.
A) Have you ever watched Tom & Jerry?
B) Did Matt invent the Simpson Family?
C) Is Sponge Bob a popular cartoon?
D) Do you like watching cartoons?
9) Aylin : Why do many people know GönülTuran?
Tom: Because ............
A) she finished high school in 1997.
B) she was born in İstanbul in 1979.
C) she is going to suffer from a severe illness.
D) she has won many awards in Mathematics.
10) I’d like a job with flexible working hours because .........
A) I need some time to do my master’s degree.
B) I’ll work with friendly colleagues and a good boss.
C) I’m going to have a good salary and save some money.
D) I’ve already written a CV and applied for a job.
11) Aşağıda verilen resimlere göre, boş bırakı lan yere uygun gelen kelimeyi işaretleyiniz.
Gökhan has been to a .......... .
12) Aşağıda verilen bilgilere göre doğru ifadeyi işaretleyiniz.
A) Atatürk started the Independence War on the twenty-second of June, nineteen nineteen.
B) Atatürk declared the Amasya Circular on the twenty-ninth of October, nineteen twenty-three.
C) Atatürk opened The Grand National Assembly on the twenty third of April, nineteen twenty.
D) Atatürk declared the Republic of Turkey on the nineteenth of ay, nineteen nineteen.
13) Aşağıda verilen resme göre doğru ifadeyi işaretleyiniz.
A) There were some footprints on the floor.
B) They couldn’t find any important evidence.
C) The police caught a man and arrested him.
D) Someone stole the jewellery yesterday.
If you’re an Aquarius, you’re ....................... .
A) patient and creative
B) modest but stubborn
C) cheerful but bossy
D) careful and neat
If you’re a Capricorn, .......................
A) you always finish your work on time.
B) you don’t accept your mistakes.
C) you don’t make a decision easily.
D) you worry about everything.