...................... OKULU 2019-2020 EĞİTİM ÖĞRETİM YILI 8. SINIF İngilizce 2. DÖNEM 2. SINAV KAĞIDI
1) Verilen cümleleri uygun şekilde tamamlayın
1. I would rather ____________________________
(travel by car) (travel by plane)
2. I prefer ____________________________
(drink coffee) (drink tea)
3.I would rather ____________________________
(play tennis) (play football)
(ride a bike) (dance)
2) Verilen boşlukları“just, yet, ever, never” ile doldurun
1. I've _____ seen your teacher, and he's told me that you haven't finished your assignments ____.
2. Have you ______ travelled to Australia?
3. It’s the most interesting story I have ______ read.
4. Have you called your father ______? No, I've ______ spoken to him today.
5. We are still living in the same place. In fact, we've ______ changed places.
6. We've _____ bought a new tent, so we can all sleep inside.
7. Have you finished eating that _______? No, not yet.
8. This book has _______ published. It's what you wanted.
3) Comb and shampoo are ______ care products but nail clipper is a _______ care products.
A) body /skin
D) hair /hand
4) You haven’t got a ruler,but your friend has got one how can you say INFORMAL way?
a) Could I borrow your ruler please?
b) May I borrow your ruler please?
c) Can I borrow your ruler?
d) Can I lend your ruler?
5) Aşağıda verilen tabloda hangi sıfatlar yanlış grupta yer almaktadır?
A) reliable/ bad-tempered
B) selfish / creative
C) responsible / indecisive
D) polite / lazy
6) He is ______ tired that he will sleep early
7) Mehmet Öz is a cardiac surgeon and an author. He is Turkish - American. He was born in Ohio, USA in 1960. He graduated from Harvard University in 1982. He became a doctor of medicine in 1986. He got his doctorate degree in the same year. He became a professor in 1995. He performs over 250 operations annually. He also has over 400 original publications, book chapters and medical books. He has a lot of awards.
Which one is false?
A) He graduated from Ohio University.
B) He has many original publications.
C) He is a specialist in heart surgery.
D) He wasn’t born in Turkey.
8) ----------- is a bell tower in Italy. It started to lean during its construction, and the tower now leans at about 3,99 degrees at the top.
Parçada hangi seçenekten bahsedilmiştir?
A) The Great Wall of China
B) The Tower of Pisa
C) The London Eye
D) The Statue of Liberty
9) I’m in Mardin, Turkey now. It’s a city in the Southeastern Anatolia region. It’s summer here, and it’s very hot. The dishes are also fascinating here. Mardin has a unique cuisine. I tried harire, sambusek and ikbebet. They were really delicious.
Parçaya göre hangi seçenekten bahsedilmemiştir?
10) Seçeneklerden hangisi bir iletişim yolu değildir?
A) Texting a message.
B) Making a phone call.
C) Speaking face to face.
D) Going to technology stores.
11) My name is Tom. I like football but I prefer playing rugby. I hate swimming because I can’t swim very well. My sister Lucy is crazy about swimming. She goes swimming every weekend.
Parçaya göre hangi seçenek doğrudur?
A) Tom is Lucy’s friend.
B) Tom would rather play football than play rugby.
C) Tom and Lucy swim very well.
D) Lucy likes swimming but her brother doesn’t.
12) “Arkadaşlık” tanımına uyan seçenek hangisidir?
A) Good friends should disagree with each other’s feeling.
B) Good friends should hurt each other’s feelings.
C) Good friends should be supportive and caring.
D) Good friends should be dishonest.
13) AŞAĞIDAKİ SORULARI METNE GÖRE CEVAPLAYINIZ.
DNA Computer DNA stores genetic information in the organisms. What makes DNA special is that it stores
unlimited information in a limited space. Just one milligram of DNA is capable of storing all the printed material in the
world. Nowadays, science people are working on DNA computing. They have even designed the first prototypes
such as MAYA-II. If DNA computing is perfected, computers will become capable of storing amounts of information that
are hard to imagine by today’s standard.
Nanomedicine The usage of nanotechnology in medicine is endless. Science people are working on nanomolecules to
destroy only cancer cells. It makes possible to send the drugs to specific parts of the body. With the help of nanotechnology, microscopic robots will perform ultra-delicate surgeries, repair damaged tissues, or hunt down and destroy certain cells, like cancer cells or bacteria. Nanomedicine is currently in its infancy, but it may be the biggest breakthrough in modern medicine since the first vaccine.
SORULARA PARÇADAN CEVAP BULARAK CEVAP YAZINIZ.
1) What makes DNA special?
2) Why are science people working on nanomolecules?
3) What will happen with the help of nanotechnology?
14) Aslı :Shall we visit the Mevlana Museum tomorrow ?
Beril:…………… I am going to visit my parents.
A) Yes, of course.
B) I’d love to, but I can’t.
C) That’s a great idea.
D) That sounds good.
15) I like rock music very much. I think it’s _____
16) Bob : Why do researchers conduct so many experiments? Cathrine: Because they - - - ----- .
A) are following the science programs on TV
B) want to develop new cures for illnesses
C) heat the test tubes on the Bunsen burner
D) are interested in some tourist attractions
17) Sinem : Where were you on holiday?
Asya : I was in Bursa.
Sinem : What are some historical places of it?
Asya : ………………………………. .
a) Iskender and Kemalpaşa dessert
b) Uludağ ski resort and hotels.
c) Grand Mosque and Green Tomb
d) Sandy beaches and comfortable hotels
18) A: Did you see the …..in the sky?
B: Yes, I did. It made the night look like the day.
19) A:What is a drought?
B: A drought? That’s ……………….
a. A long time without rain.
b. A storm with strong winds.
c. An uncontrolled fire in the forest.
d. A sudden flash light in the sky.
20) A: ………………………………………?
B: He developed a powerful telescope and improved compass.
a. What do you know about Galileo
b. Who is the inventor of the telescope
c. When did Galileo invent the compass
d. What did Galileo discover in 1609